Sunday Stealing: The Christmas Meme
Head on over to Sunday Stealing to see more meme participants or join the fun yourself.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for Christmas. Any other time, though, gift bags!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. We make a Griswolds day of it . . riding on a tractor, trooping through a tree farm to find the perfect tree while sipping hot chocolate, ceremoniously cut it down, etc.
3. When do you put up the tree? It varies, but we try to do it as soon as possible after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? A weekend or two after New Years' Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Merlin game . .I'm such a geek. I know I'm dating myself here, so here's a pic.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. My brother and I joke about how everything we buy him (except for car wash coupons and Outback gift certificates) winds up collecting dust in their basement, the "Land of Misfit Gifts"
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have one that was my grandmothers', Diva has her own, a gift from my mom
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, although email sounds fabulous to me
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Early in our marriage, my hubby attempted to buy me clothes. Since then he has been forbidden to do so. I don't care to dress like a stripper. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
12. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey with all the trimmings
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving. I really can't get into it unless there's some pressure.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I know of.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandmother's cherry nut cookies. I've tried to make them myself but they just never taste the same.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - white and multi-colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Charlie Brown song, I can't remember the actual title.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home in the morning, go to my parents' for dinner, they live 5 minutes away.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both - we open gifts from JV's parents on Christmas Eve, and everything else on Christmas morning.