Since my area got TWO FEET OF SNOW last weekend, and school was canceled Monday AND Tuesday, I exercised the WFH option yesterday. I am also working this morning to make up for a 1/2 a sick day I took last week when #3 got sick.
So I've been working from home with Diva and Daredevil underfoot. #3 went to day care - I'm under no delusions that I can draft and negotiate contracts while taking care of a 1 year old.
Pros of Working From Home
- 2 hours of my life back (that's my usual total commute time)
- Can work in my pajamas
- Can have the TV on in the background and find out important info like Balloon Boy's father was sentenced to 90 days in jail
- Can focus on work rather than office gossip
- Can throw a load of laundry in every so often
- Save $ on gas and food expenses
- Can light a fire in the fireplace to enjoy while working
- I had to stop working in order to break up a fistfight over . . a couch cushion.
- Diva and Daredevil can't seem to stay out of the room I'm working in (under normal circumstances, I could go for hours in our house without seeing them, but as soon as I tell them I have to work and they have to entertain themselves for a few hours, forget it.)
- "Mom....I'm bored....Mom.....I'm hungry.......Mom.....what are you working on?.....Mom....when are you going to be done?.....Mom, what's 24 minus 6?.....etc."
- Instead of going to our awesome cafeteria to get a yummy breakfast & lunch, I actually have to make it myself. And clean up.
- Can't get to the work gym for the awesome classes they have there . . Zumba, Step and Pump, Kickboxing, and Body Blast.