Monday, November 16, 2009

Tardy to the "Twilight" Party

I must admit, I had always ignored the whole "Twilight" thing. I thought I just wasn't into vampire stuff. Sure, I liked "Interview with a Vampire" and "Lost Boys", but I just didn't understand the whole Twilight craze.

Hadn't seen the movie. Hadn't read the books. Didn't get what everyone saw in Robert Pattinson.

Until a few weeks ago.

Diva and Daredevil had been begging, so we got "Twilight" from Netflix and watched it.

Wow. I was hooked. I watched it twice and enjoyed it even more the second time.

What a fantastic movie. So well done. And Robert Pattinson - I totally get it now. I'm so on Team Edward.

Being the book fiend I am, I just had to read Twilight, the first book in the series by Stephenie Meyer. I couldn't put it down. I read late into the night and finished it in a couple of days.

Now, the next book in the series, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, opens as a movie this Friday. I am furiously reading New Moon in every spare second (even while blow drying my hair) and CAN'T WAIT to see the movie.

We are heading away next week to visit Hunter's family down south, and once there we plan to see New Moon en masse with his family. That is, if there's a volunteer to watch #3.

The tally in my house:

Team Edward: me, Hunter, Daredevil
Team Jacob: Diva

Next up on the reading list: Eclipse, then Breaking Dawn

Go Team Edward!

1 comment:

Niks La Mode. said...

stumbled acorss ur blog from Twittermom! :) I love the "tardy to the twilight party" I love twilight and can't wait till I watch it this thursday! :) will be ff your blog ..stop by mines :)

http:la-mode-at.blogspot.com! :)

nikki.