Tuesday, December 2, 2008

27 Days to go

I have 27 days left before my return to work from maternity leave. Where the heck did the past 4 months go? I had such lofty ideas on what I was going to do with my time off. Let's do a little progress check on my to do list:

  • Start selling our excess stuff on Ebay. Progress made: I bought a postal scale, creating more clutter. I did, however, make a couple hundred bucks selling some books and dvd's on half.com. It's a bit less labor intensive than Ebay.
  • Go to the gym every day. Progress made: none. I go there twice a week to take Diva and Daredevil to their dance/karate classes. I have been wary of adding #3 to our membership in order to use the babysitting because I think they are going to try and increase our rate. (Our club tries to gouge you for every little thing.) While the weather was nice, I was taking #3 for long walks outside every day, but now it's too cold for that. I've used my treadmill a couple of times, but not as much as I should.
  • Clean out cabinets/drawers/closets that are full of stuff. Progress made: minimal. I have cleaned out a few drawers, a couple of closets, and gave 5 shopping bags of clothes to Goodwill. A start, but there is much more to be done in this category.
  • Organize our basement. Progress made: none. Our basement is still a disaster area. And now I need to get the Christmas stuff out. I SO need the show Clean House to come visit and make over the basement.
So now it's down to the wire, and I go back to work in a few weeks. I am looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I love being home with #3 all day and getting Diva and Daredevil off the bus every day, but I also miss my work, which I love, and the social aspects of going to the office. And of course there's the feelings of guilt about leaving #3 in day care, although where she will go is wonderful and right next door to my office. So I'm conflicted, to say the least. I hope the next few weeks don't fly by as fast as the last 16, but I'm sure with the holidays they will!

No comments: