Thursday, November 20, 2008

Follow up: Whale of a Sale bargains

The Whale of a Sale was quite a spectacle. We wound up getting there around 7:30, there were about 100 people in line ahead of us. We were able to get in soon after 8, but it was much more crowded than last year, I think they said 2,800 people showed up. And I think there was much less quality merchandise than last year. People still went nuts though. Here are some techniques I witnessed:
  • Making your husband/shopping partner stand in one spot, while you trek all over the sale and bring back stuff to pile up next to him or her.
  • Just grab things to stuff into your bag, to pull out later and decide whether to buy
  • Drag around a HUGE lawn and leaf bag filled with stuff
  • Bring your own shopping cart (stolen from the grocery store???)
Here's a breakdown of my purchases:

Total spent: $20
  • Remote Control Robot toy - $6
  • 5 small white ceramic bowls (perfect for ice cream!) - $5
  • Mr. Coffee working coffee maker - $3
  • Girls' Glo by J.Lo pants - $2
  • 4 hardcover books - $4
Nothing too exciting, but I really wasn't looking for anything in particular. It was more of a participation event for me. I'll be there next year!

No comments: