Monday, May 4, 2009

Jenny McCarthy: Oprah's next prodigy

I read today that Jenny McCarthy will soon start her own talk show, backed by none other than the all-powerful Oprah Winfrey.

I'm a big Jenny fan. I read her book, Louder than Words, and was moved by her story of the challenges she's faced along with her son Evan, who has autism. I also hope to read some of her other books.

I hear she's already a frequent guest on the Oprah show. (I love the Oprah show but rarely watch - it's on while I'm working and I'm already behind in my DVRing, what with 24, Lost, The Office, 30 Rock, Friday Night Lights, and Brothers and Sisters.)

Now she's continuing her inroads with Oprah by blogging on Oprah's web site. Right now her posts center on giving up sugar and late night snacks for the next 30 days.

Ok, now I'm thinking about that for a bit. No. Sugar. At. All.

I eat way too much sugar, and it shows. I drink regular soda because I love it (esp. fountain sodas!) I love sweet stuff - cookies, candy, ice cream - you name it). I try to stay away but it calls my name.

Jenny started this campaign May 1. Apparently she read a book called Sugar Blues that educates you on the detriments of sugar. She said she knew is was bad, but did not know HOW bad until she read the book. This has piqued my interest.

I'm going on vacation next month, so it's crunch time (literally). I am in no way ready to be in a bathing suit. I've been exercising alot, but it doesn't help when you still EAT CRAP ALL THE TIME and drink Coca-Cola non stop. So maybe I should try this sugar ban along with Jenny. If she can do it, so can I.

I'll keep an eye out for her talk show and add it to my DVR. If she follows in the footsteps of other Oprah prodigies (Rachael Ray, Dr. Phil), I 'm sure it will be a huge success!

No comments: