Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July Celebration at my house....

First of all, fun was had in the pool! Here are Diva, #3, Hunter, and Daredevil, happy as can be....



#3 not only loves the pool, she loves her big sister . . .


Later, we went to the annual teeny tiny parade in our teeny tiny town. It was quite fun and the kids had a blast. Here is Diva (2nd from left) and Daredevil (3rd from left) with their friends:


Daredevil shows his patriotism in between darting into the parade route to pick up candy thrown from floats and vehicles:


Diva, #3 (her first parade!) and Hunter enjoying the festivities:

#3 got ahold of a flag and WOULD NOT let go . . .



Senator Tom Carper (our other Senator, Ted Kaufman, and our Congressman Mike Castle were there too....I didn't have my act together enough to get all their pictures....I thought it was cool that they took time out of their busy day to come to our little tiny parade!) These weren't taken with a zoom lens - that's how close we were. I told you, it's a teeny tiny parade!


Our governor, Jack Markell

Diva and her BFF

High school band (from my old high school)...not many of them showed up on a holiday weekend, but they still sounded and looked great. ...


Yes, this is a Pacer (with stuffed fish hanging in the back) .....this was among a throng of antique cars ....I'm surprised one of these is still running!



Good time was had by all - a very traditional 4th. The weekend went by WAY too fast (unlike the rest of the world, I worked on both Friday AND Monday, ugh) and before I knew it, I was back at work, dealing with all kinds of crazy stuff. La vida loca right now!

No comments: